View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Calendar Tool (preview)

Hello all,

I started working on a simple calendar tool and wanted to show my progress so far. It is still not yet complete, but I think it is 'workable'.

It starts up showing the current month and the next 4 (See attached screenshot) plus the current and next week. Pressing a date in one of the months will show that and next week. Pressing in the caption of the month (name of the month) will show the next/previous 1-4 month. Click on left-side: previous, click on right side: next. The number of months that are shifted, depends on the month you click on (just try).

I did not have time yet to create a dialog to enter new 'events', so you need to add them manually in a file. See the Programs/_mxCalendar/events.db, it is a plain text file that can be edited with any editor.
Example:
E:Launch mxCalender V0.1,08152009,1,0
Syntax:
<type>:<name>,<date>,<repeat-type>,<period>
Be carefull to limit the <name> of the events to 30 characters and the <date> with the month first (then day, year). Keep the last two parameters as in the example (the one means it is a yearly occuring event and the 0 means it repeats forever, both parameters are not yet used by the program, but will be in the future.) A comma delimits the fields in the file, so do not use commas in the name of the event. The leading 'E:' is required so it is recognised as an event.
Currently every event is shown yearly, so it is nothing more then a Birthday Calendar. But, I plan to extend the program to an agenda/todo program, somewhere in the coming months/year.

Please give me your comments on changes/improvements/additions you would like to have (and report any bugs). I will be going on holiday shortly, so not expect much reactions from me the coming weeks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Programs_mxCalendar_V0.1.zip (62.0 KB, 341 views)
File Type: pdf screenshot mxCalendar.pdf (43.3 KB, 496 views)

Last edited by Mackx; 08-15-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: changed the screenshot to an english screenshot
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote