View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #271
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Pilotbob, I referred to a "Kindle account" because on the Kindle for iphone page you are told that you must go to the "Kindlestore" to purchase books, and that you must register the phone on that page. Did my statement lead to confusion?

I am, moreover, quite aware that you never could read Kindle books on a desktop: I have owned a Kindle for over a year. I was responding to someone pointing out that to get Kindle books on your phone you had to download them to the desktop first, and I thought it useful to note that this did not mean that you could read them on it. When the Kindle first appeared in the fall of 2007, there was a lot of discussion and lamenting that this was so, on this site as well as others.

My daughter who is in the publishing business and like me owns a Kindle and an iphone told me that when the Kindle iphone application came out last week, a number of people in the publishing business were of the opinion that this was a first step in a new alliance between Amazon and Apple, and that that would culminate in Apple's producing an ereader (the subject of another thread on this site). We shall see.

Last edited by radleyp; 03-10-2009 at 02:25 PM.
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote