View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLab View Post
The best practice in this case is to change the export tagging section in your character style to reflect the correct tag in question: "em" for italics and "strong" for bold. You should do the same for superscript (sup) and subscript (sub). This will make your code more semantic, which is considered by many a good thing.
Actually, I don't really agree. Currently <em> displays as italic and <strong> displays as bold, but that might change later. It is semantic but says nothing about layout and is not consistent. It might be better to use a <span> tag and style that as italic or bold.
As for myself, this is one of the few exceptions where I let layout markers in my XHTML file, I still use <i> and <b>... I know it is depreciated, but I feel it has a better meaning.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote