View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #33
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
Will you provide some step-by-step instructions for fastboot mode? I dont understand what it is, how it works and what should I do to flash mmcblk0p1, which I suppose I have damaged, with backup.
I will provide instructions after I understand it better. Everything I have investigate "mostly" works, but I want a reliable solution.

Do not do anything in fastboot yet, except perhaps to erase "data". That unbricked my kindle once. Anything else done in fastboot might (probably will) make things worse. My touch is bricked now after a "small" change to the payload went bad. That payload is in /var/local and runs for both main and diags, so now only fastboot works.

Not sure what to do on the touch right now. Need sleep. I will have time to work on it in a couple of days again.

I had yifanlu's SSH manually installed on diags on my touch, using a RUNME.sh script. SSH started from the diags USBnet menu worked well (before I *really* bricked it this time)...

Because the k4nt already has SSH, which can be used to repair things. I should provide at least a safe "Touch-only" payload to launch RUNME.sh.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 05:46 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote