View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
a) "A publisher, however, will know with a reasonable degree of accuracy how many copies of a book it is likely to sell" ... at a certain price
At a lower price they will sell more. That is why they print hardback, trade then mass market, to maximise sales at each price.
eBooks are not an essential purchase, they are discretionary. The number of copies you sell depends on the price you charge.
But once you reach the "casual purchase" price you probably won't sell more by lowering the price further. That price probably varies with the individual, but for me it's probably about £3-4. I won't give a second thought to paying £3 for a book, and I'd be no more likely to buy it if it cost £1 or even 10p. At that price it's the book description that makes me decide whether or not I want to but it, not the price of the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote