View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #32
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
Looking at the specs of the device (A9), it makes me think that is just what I need.
But the somewhat low price make me apprehensive that the quality of the components is sacrificed.
A large fraction of the hardware costs are the e-paper screen, so the relatively low cost is presumably from SiPix being cheaper than EInk. Jinke's designs have not been cutting edge, but the component and build quality of the existing V3 and V5 is very good.

One issue for the A9 will be the potential for broken screens, because they are using a glass substrate. This can be mitigated by a good case design. We don't yet know how susceptible to breaking these new screens will be.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote