View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I love the comment in the article
Quote:
Earlier attempts to sell e-books in Australia by Dymocks have largely failed, but industry figures are looking to major international players such as Amazon and Apple to open up the market here.
Could the high price of the e-reader and the pathetic list and huge price for ebooks more the underlying issue of no real market happening?
I think its no wonder Dymocks largely fail at selling e-book readers - and e-books - as a result of their decisions regarding retailing their wares.

They only sell liseuses and e-books (from kiosks in-store) in one store in New South Wales - that is in the Sydney CBD. If you know the first thing about NSW and Sydney, that would appear just plain ridiculous and an absolute failure in practice.

Yes, they sell their expensive e-books online too - but if no-one owns their expensive liseuse (or similar) how do they expect to sell the e-books?
They have isolated themselves out of the market this way. (Can't say if it's intentional.)

Not to mention the fact I can't buy their overpriced e-books for my PRS-500 due to lack of ADE/EPUB support from Sony; hopefully Sony will address this by the end of the year.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote