Thread: Sample books
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
I too thought the Vanguard book was decent, the first Star Trek book I've read. I just went through last night and culled all the samples, I left a few on there that I thought looked interesting from reading Amazon, like Excavation and Cell.

I just finished Ilium by Dan Simmons last night, 1,300+ pages on the reader, available in the Connect store. It was a pretty good sci-fi book, I've never read anything by him before. Some interesting ideas I haven't seen elsewhere. I also grabbed the Sherlock Holmes works from gutenberg and reformatted in Word to RTF, etc... and put it on there. It was my first non-Connect book so it took a few tries to get the formatting how I liked it, but it looks pretty good now.
I just started the Hyperion series by him. Interesting mix of Sci-fi and Fantasy.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote