View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #35
Janet56
Enthusiast
Janet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Libra, Forma (8 and 32 gb), Sage, Kindle Oasis
I had to do a factory reset the other night because it said my storage was corrupted and then had to download 1.9.9. Then the books I have bought from Kobobooks, they do show up. Takes forever on dial up! But after that I have been having trouble loading books on my KT. These are free epubs from Project Gutenburg which had been on the KT before I had to do the reset.

I used Calibre and send to device and it processes and comes on. The books are not in my library but they are on the device when I look at the files on the reader. I have Windows XP and have been ejecting via the computer instead of Calibre. I did try dragging and dropping the epub files on to the Kobo icon as well, same thing happens, the books are there but not showing up in the library. I have been working on this for two days and I would rather not have to do it but should I do another factory reset and download the firmware update again?

I am also getting the no response to the taps after I have been reading awhile. I love the KT when it works but I have had so many problems I am thinking I should have gotten a Kindle instead. I have an original Kindle and I have converted and loaded these same books on it via Calibre with no problem whatsoever.
Janet56 is offline   Reply With Quote