View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon's EULA is incorrect and not actually legal. In the USA, as of July 26, 2010, it is legal to jailbreak.

http://tysiphonehelp.com/?p=972
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
That link seems to be iWhatever specific. On a little further investigation, I found this (I'm not going to go that deep into it ).
The new law does seem to be about Apple products, cell phones, DVD's and video games; hopefully it applies to eReaders as well; at least it sets a precedent. This quote from the link daffy4u gave us probably is where Amazon stands as well:

Quote:
The new government rules, however, won't stop Apple from continuing its practice of disabling jailbroken phones with software upgrades. That means owners of such phones might not be able to take advantage of software improvements, and they still run the risk of voiding their warranty. All the new rules do is exempt the user from legal liability — something Apple does not appear to be pursuing anyway.
Anyway, I don't think we need to worry about having a "jailbroken" Kindle or for programming a hack; surely Amazon has more important things to worry about than people installing their own screensavers or fonts!

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 12-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote