Thread: Sigil v0.1.6
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #36
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Just used the uninstaller, and reinstalled Sigil. Exact same issue.

Tried to make a link to /opt/sigil/sigil.sh -- made an infinite loop of sigils launching (mistake!)

Can you explain what should be done to avoid the error from the command line?
You need to use the uninstaller of the version you used to install Sigil. Goes without saying.

If you use the uninstaller provided with the current release of Sigil, it will not remove the shortcut in /usr/bin/. Why? Because the current Sigil installer doesn't create one, so there's nothing to remove. And I'm not going to make the uninstaller remove files the installer didn't install.

With regards to the infinite loop problem... that's the reason why there's no shortcut in 0.1.6 . The thing is, 0.1.6. for linux had issues because now Sigil is using the Nokia provided binaries of Qt. So I quickly made the b version for linux that uses the bash script for launching. The script appends the current working directory to the library search path so the Sigil Qt libs are picked up. This is a Nokia provided script.

Since I was pressed for time to update the linux version, I didn't modify the script to fix this shortcut problem. I just removed the shortcut from the installer. There's little point in it anyway, since you have the desktop shortcut and one in the "start" menu as well.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote