View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
It does "call home" via the internet and sets up a local server (to send the .imp's to your reader). So perhaps it is a firewall/router issue!!!

If you install the eBook Publisher software, then it should be registered as "eBook Edition".

So it doesn't work with, say, only one .imp in your library?

I had trouble in the past getting the REB1200 to talk to the Librarian but noticed that the program listed an IP and port, so I set the REB1200 proxy to match and it works fine but wouldn't be surprised if Zone Alarm is messing with me.

At some point, I installed the Softbook Publisher which is why it shows up in Explorer. I've never seen evidence of it working altho MS Word has a save as softbook option now.

It's still slow with no imps and I'll give it a try with just one imp soon, it's now sleepy time for me, just got home from work.

Thanks for your help,
Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote