Thread: Page Breaks etc
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
genfind
genfind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Page Breaks etc

Hi Everyone - I am new to this Kindle thing and so I hope that I am posting in the right place !
I have scanned a very old book which is falling apart and want to preserve and so what better way than to store it on a Kindle. For all who want to know it is an old family bible which is now a couple of hundred years old.
I have scanned the whole book in OCR mode to HTML using ABBYY Finereader Professional 11 and I now have a whole bunch of HTML files.
I can use Sigil etc to build the book which may I add is just great and in Sigil it actually gives me the layout I need. Like a normal book it reads from the top to the bottom of the page and then you click on the file that contains the next page and so on.
However, no matter what I try (Even in Mobipocket or Calibre) every conversion just shows my first page and then rolls straight into the second one without a new page being created. Can anyone help. Do I have to create a page break or something and if so how do I go about it. As I say in Sigil it looks great and so I save it to an E-Pub file. I then drag the E-Pub file into Calibre and instruct Calibre to convert it into Mobi format for my Kindle. Yes, it does the job but as I say when reading it afterwards I do not get the seperate pages which show in Sigil. HEELLLLPPPP """ !!! Very frustrated !

Anthony
genfind is offline   Reply With Quote