View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
Eisengoth
Independent Author
Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
I do a lot of bicycle touring and backpacking. Most of my trips last more than a week.

I am looking at getting an eReader that I could take with me.

Main needs:
1) Battery life greater than a week
2) Supports writing (I really dont like the keyboard on the Kindle 3, the Bluetooth capabilities of the nook seem promising though I dont know if it is fast enough to accommodate making documents or if there is even an app for it).
3) Preferably <$300

If it needs to be rooted to accomplish this that is fine, I have an android phone which I have rooted and installed custom roms and recoveries.

Thanks for the help,
Devin
Honestly, it sounds to me like you're looking for a rooted NookColor that you could install some kind of word processing app on. You're not going to get that kind of battery life out of it, though... you'd need some kind of mobile charger. I saw the suggestion of a solar-powered one up above... maybe that would solve the battery issue?

I don't believe that any of the other readers, particularly the e-Ink ones have the composition features, though they have the battery life.

Good luck - hope you find something useful!
Eisengoth is offline   Reply With Quote