View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 AM   #159
jl_carter
jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
I want to get my books saved in the format

Lois McMaster Bujold - [Vorkosigan 16] - Winterfair Gifts.epub

Using this thread I put together the template

{authors} - [{series} {series_index:0>2s}] - {title}

This works all the time where there is a series but without a series I get the square brackets as follows

Lois McMaster Bujold - [ ] - Miles, Mystery and Mayhem.epub

Can someone help with changes to my formula to remove the brackets where no series exists, it is far beyond my skill level

adrian
adrian,

Anything outside the curly brackets will always appear in the title. To make the square brackets (and the 2nd hyphen) conditional, they need to be placed inside the appropriate curly brackets.

Try the template:
{authors} - {series:|[} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title}

The text after the first | will appear before the series name and the text after the second | after the series name only if the book is part of a series.

It should give you the result you're looking for.

JL
jl_carter is offline   Reply With Quote