View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #67
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post

He might. The question I asked is whether the general market does.
______
Dennis
Actually, yes, yes they do. But remember Joe Q. Public has no idea if 4096 colors is enough or not. Categories of books which color is seriously important references from photography books to books travel books to books on art and antiques and many other categories where photos are an important portion of the book, as important as the text itself. Color accuracy is very important for antiques reference as colors of pieces will offer clues to maker or just the ability to differential between a rare short run color for an item or a common different color of an object. The lack of true color will affect the value of the references in almost all cases in this category but all of these categories depend on accurate color and combined represent no small portion of annual sales.

In fact I know one author of a very popular and important photography reference who eagerly awaited the iPad simply so the Kindle version hos his book would be able to work in color. It's a book on lighting which need the full color the iPad offers.

So, while the E-ink color panels certainly will be good enough for books with simple colored graphics are used to improve it's usefulness, there is a HUGE segment of readers who will not be served by this generation of panels. Because of that there is not as much incentive for the publishers of the books which need better color rendering, to spend the money on creating ebook versions...I am not even sold that magazines will be happy with the color reproduction, especially the higher end mags.

Still we have to wait and see what they look like in the real world.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote