View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If you didn't mind rasterizing* the PDF, you could use imagemagick. See the two attached PDFs. I created output.pdf from input.pdf with the single command:
Code:
convert -density 300 input.pdf -negate output.pdf
(If that means nothing to you, let me know and I'll try to give full or at least fuller instructions.)

*Rasterizing the PDF means converting each page to an image inside the PDF. On a fixed-resolution device, it should look exactly the same. However, since the text has been replaced with a series of images, dictionary and search functions will no longer work. The PDF is usually much larger in file size too.

If you need a solution that preserves text as text, I'll have to think about it some more, though it's probably possible with the right software.

However, I think with an e-Ink device such as a Kindle, Nook or Sony Reader, this would drain the battery a lot faster. (On the flipside, with an LCD device such as an iPad, it might even improve batter life.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf input.pdf (39.0 KB, 828 views)
File Type: pdf output.pdf (899.5 KB, 927 views)

Last edited by frabjous; 10-21-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Oops, I uploaded the wrong output file. Twice.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote