View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #456
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I would suggest just using the Custom Text as a "spacer", placing it between the Title/Author and changing its font size to vary the amount.

However it seems the way I implemented that feature I deliberately don't try to draw the custom text unless you have some actual text in there (and not even a space counts as text as I strip spaces off).

If you want to give this a try, you can use the version of the plugin attached to this post. I am not going to bother properly releasing it unless others decide they prefer the behaviour. Basically it means that if you don't want the custom text to take space up on the title, then you have to make sure you uncheck it in the list on that tab, as now a blank line will always appear for it with it ticked even with no custom text specified.

The only other option would be to introduce some sort of "Multi-line text spacing" option. However that adds a whole bunch of complexity that frankly I don't want to have to deal with. And since no-one else has sasked for such an option in several years of this plugin I am inclined to not add it myself...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Generate Cover.zip (164.0 KB, 218 views)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote