View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #756
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibble View Post
Congrats on your weight loss, Stitchawl! I like the practical, everyday forms of exercise you're using.
I tried the 'gym' thing... It wasn't for me. Too many people sitting on exercise bikes reading books instead of sweating. Then I realized I didn't need to spend money to get a good workout. I just had to get off my a$$!

Quote:
I just want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and feel proud for eating responsibly and dropping the chub.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It takes a heck of a lot of exercising, though, to get rid of fat on its own.
Frankly, I doubt it can really be done on its own.

Quote:
A combination of exercise and eating less is, I think, the most effective method.
Dropping 25 kilo in six months, I have to agree. Eating a LOT less. Not just 500 calories a day less. That works in 'theory.' I reduced my daily intake by 1,500-2,000 calories a day, keeping below 750-1,000 calories a day of fresh, balanced foods. (A 'BurgerKing "Big Wopper w/cheese" is about 1,000 calories by itself! Add in the fries and the numbers really climb!) And exercising diligently almost every day. Long, fast uphill walks, stair climbing instead of elevators, and ordinary calisthenics in the house burned off what years of 3,000 calories a day put on.

It's a shame there isn't some way for each of us to find out 'exactly' how many calories our own bodies use in our 'normal' daily life. There are lots of lists of 'averages,' but everyone's metabolism is different. Add in the differences for muscle mass and you get some real variation in metabolic rates. I'd love to know how much "I" burn when doing some activities.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote