View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I'm almost more tempted by this Kindle than the Paperwhite.....
For $69 the temptation is worth the risk.

I don't know if everyone remembers how disappointed I was with the K4S when I got it. I had to exchange it because the background was really grey. The background on the replacement was a little lighter but the dingy grey cast was always there. I finally found a tolerance for it after finding a custom font that was dark enough for me to read comfortably. I had many people come to me with the same screen problem.

Some tried to say we were seeing things. They even measured the colors on their K4s, made Photoshop graphics to demonstrate it was the bezels' fault. I bought a $20 dollar black skin and put it on only to have the dingy screen now look dirty and no real difference in the text. I took it off. It was worth a shot. I finally just learned to live with it.

The K4B has renewed my faith in the Kindle line. Amazon has listened to our complaints and they have addressed this issue. A bezel changed, some hardware changes and maybe screen/glass tint...what I don't know but I can't believe I'm saying this but the contrast is better than my K3!

I'm a one happy Kindle user now! I wont miss the K3 either now I have something with better contrast. I'm still getting the PW though.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote