View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
Very interesting...
I found EbookHome.apk, unpacked it. In which xml can I find the "Recently Added" string?
Which program do you use to edit (GPL/OS preferred). I tried serna free, but it gives lots of error messages.
It is in res/values[-locale]/strings.xml:
Code:
<string name="STR_HOME_RECENTLY_ADDED_BOOK">Recently Added</string>
There are a bunch of extra steps that need to be done to the APK in order to modify it and get it to work on the reader afterwards:

Tools needed: apktool, smali and dexopt-wrapper.

Procedure:
1: Disassemble EbookHome.odex using baksmali (baksmali -d frameworkdir -a 8 -x EbookHome.odex)
2: Reassemble into classes.dex using smali (smali -a 8 out -o classes.dex)
3: Put classes.dex into EbookHome.apk
4: Unpack EbookHome.apk with apktool (apktool d EbookHome.apk)
5: Make any changes in the newly created EbookHome directory
6: Repack with apktool, new apk ends up in EbookHome/dist directory (apktool d EbookHome)
7: Put the new apk on the sd card of the device
8: Run dexopt-wrapper on the device to get a new EbookHome.odex (in a shell on the device: dexopt-wrapper EbookHome.apk EbookHome.odex)
9: Remove classes.dex from the apk
10: Sign the apk with a suitable certificate
11: Run zipalign on the apk
12: Install on the reader

Or, if you just want the string "Recently Added" replaced with "Recently Read", you can use my modified files: http://morkl.se/reader/recentlyread.zip
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote