View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Antioch
Connoisseur
Antioch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Sigil stripping covers from epubs

Hi all, I've got some book I've been working on editing. Since getting them I've changed the cover using Calibre and the new covers appear properly in "library" mode on my new Nook Touch.

However, if I use Sigil to edit the epubs the covers no longer display on the Nook. I've taken my epub that from Calibre with the cover, loaded it on the Nook and verified that the cover is displayed. I've then taken that epub, loaded it into Sigil, changed nothing, and saved it. Now when I refresh my Nook the book appears as missing a cover.

What's going on? Which file is responsible for telling the reader what cover to display for the book? I'm guessing its somewhere in the content.opf file but which tags?

I'd share the book, but it's a DRM free once I've purchased (just editing it to get the formatting the way I like) so I can't upload it to have it diagnosed.

Thanks for you help, this problem is driving me crazy.

(I've tried loading the output from Sigil into Calibre to see if it would put the cover back but it doesn't -- and I don't want to use Caliber to convert from epub to epub as it'll destroy the formatting)
Antioch is offline   Reply With Quote