Thread: Content KF8 quesiton
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer
What devices do not support KF8? Are you saying that a K2 doesn't open a Kf8???
That's exactly what I'm saying. Nor will a Kindle 3 (keyboard.. whatever they call it), or a Kindle 1. So far the only devices/apps I know of that do support KF8 are: The Kindle Fire, the Kindle Touch (only with the most recent FW update), and the Kindle for PC/Mac apps starting with v1.9.0 and higher. That's it. That could change. I expect the the latest Kindle 4 non-touch will soon support it... as well as the rest of the reading apps. The K3 has a very slim chance at getting an upgrade to support KF8, but I suspect the K1, K2, and KDX will never support KF8.

EDIT: I don't want anyone to think I'm whining that my device will likely never support KF8. I'll have no problem upgrading to a newer device if I ever discover that I just can't live without the luxuriant features of the KF8 experience.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-14-2012 at 12:47 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote