Thread: Content KF8 quesiton
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
KF8 quesiton

How much stuff available for purchase on Amazon is in KF8 format? Is most stuff still in mobi/azw?

My example is the trilogy "The Dragonlance Chronicles." My wife bought it on her nook, and each Chapter starts with a very nice looking drop cap, which ePub supports. When I download the free chapter from Amazon, there is no dropcap, because mobi does not support dropcap. Obviously, if the book was in KF8 format, there would be a dropcap.

So, I'm curious if Amazon is planning to offer everything in KF8 format now along with mobi/azw and topaz/azw.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote