View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
BookishMom
Connoisseur
BookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheese

Device: K1, K2, and iPad. :)
505 for library ebooks & disfunctional sony library

Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a Sony 505 to download PDF/ePub ebooks from the library. I've downloaded the software for the Sony eBook Library and it won't connect.

I'm using XP and have researched all the fixes, uninstalled, deleted extra files, reinstalled numerous times, and it still won't connect, so I can't register an account. (All the "fixes" say that one of the files to delete is a "Marlin" file. I can't find that one to delete, and it never seems to install, so that may be the problem.)

So, in the event that I can't ever get the Sony eBook Library to connect, and register, and work, can I still download eBooks from the library without it? (I've installed Digital Editions without a problem.)

Does anyone have any other suggestions for making the Sony eBook Library software work? (Still wondering about that missing Marlin file.)

Thanks in advance!
BookishMom is offline   Reply With Quote