Thread: Glo Flickering
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
kobome
kobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy bluekobome can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
I have experienced a similar issue with my Glo. At 1%, the screen would start to flicker, very annoying. I am not 100% sure about this, but I think the flicker happened with side-loaded books as well as with downloads from the Kobo store. Also, with the setting at 1%, it frequently happened that the light would not turn back on after waking the device, even though the software claimed the light was switched on.

I brought my Glo back to the store the next day b/c of a few dead pixels in exchange for a new one. So far, I haven't experienced any of these problems on my replacement device.
kobome is offline   Reply With Quote