Thread: Glo Flickering
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Question Flickering

I had originally set the brightness of my Glo to 1%, One day, after sideloading a book, I noticed a slight flickering. It was subtle, but noticeable. It went away when I changed the brightness to 2% (still happened at 1%) and I chalked it up as a weird but overall irrelevant issue. Today, again after sideloading a book, the same very slight flickering happened, now at 2%. I went back to 1%, same. 2%, still there. At 3%, it's fine.

Has anyone observed a similar problem? Or are there any theories on why that happens and whether it can be fixed? I'm fine with the 3% brightness, but I'm beginning to wonder if this will turn into a recurring issue where I have to frequently increase the level of brightness.

I haven't changed anything else, no firmware upgrades, no custom content except one font (that was after the 1% flickering started, but already some time ago). I did a reset, which had no impact.

Any ideas?
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote