View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
macphersondh
Enthusiast
macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macphersondh has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Have you tried a hard format of the reader (erasing all contents)? That should fix any problems with authorization.
Really?

Here is my situation...

I had one of the first Readers but as I am UK resident a colleague in the US created a Sony Reader account and I was able to buy books through his registered credit card and reimburse him through Paypal.

I then upgraded to a 505 and my colleague gave the 500 to his Mother in Law so now there are two readers on the account.

Due to ever changing corporate laptops I now find that with both Readers still registered on this account, we never deleted old PC connections and now I can't register my newest laptop.

Sadly a month ago my colleague died and I really don't want to intrude into the family with something as trivial as sorting this account out.

So if the original statement is true, can I do a complete hard reset and then register my 505 onto the UK Sony site? But what about all my read/unread books?

David
macphersondh is offline   Reply With Quote