View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
ru_bianca
ru_bianca began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Getting ready to give up on Sony PRS-505, the list of problems keep growing...

I bought the PRS-505 and the problems just keep piling up.

First, I was able to put about 4 ebooks on the ereader before it suddenly started saying I couldn't because it was authorized to someone else. I'd bought it from someone, but Sony had no idea what was wrong because when they looked it up, it wasn't authorized to anyone else but me. That never got resolved and I'm still getting that error. I haven't transferred an ebook from Sony library since. I've reloaded several times.

Second, I've got Adobe Digital Editions, which has never asked me to authorize the ereader to it, therefore I've never been able to transfer books from ADE to the reader. It's supposed to give me a prompt as soon as I plug the ereader in, but I've never gotten it. Adobe doesn't even know what to tell me. I've reloaded several times

Third, I bought a PNY 1GB SD card, hoping I could format it to where I could just transfer the ebooks that way. I've formatted it several times, but neither the library or the ereader see it.

And to top it off, as of a couple days ago, the library isn't even seeing the ereader anymore. When I plug it in with the USB cable, my PC detects it just fine, but when I bring up the library, it doesn't detect it at all nor does it start charging.

Can someone please help me? I'm on the verge of throwing this thing out the window and just taking the hit for the chunk of money I paid for it.

Bianca
ru_bianca is offline   Reply With Quote