Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #84
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would that be?
Well - it was firstly because Issybird said up front that she wasn't interested in "navel gazing" travel books and many of the reviewers seemed to criticise this book for exactly that reason.

Also - the woman herself. Now I gravitated to the more negative reviews which was possibly a bit unfair, but sometimes I like to read the trash on something first. Some of the emphatic complaints about this woman and what she didn't manage to learn, her convenient self-justifications for her poor choices and her apparent lack of control when it came to - well - anything, combined with an lacklustre writing style had me thinking that I could hear something. I couldn't work out what it was for a while, but I eventually realised it was the sound of Issybird grinding her teeth.

Of course it may be a brilliant book - I don't have any argument there. It's just what came to mind when I was reading some of the criticisms.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote