View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Of course, even 99.995% accuracy is still one OCR error every 20,000 characters or so, or 1 every 4,000 words, or 20 in a small novel, and 40 in a long one.
True, but in fairness there has to be a reasonable balance between accuracy and price. SF Gateway are making out-of-print works, which are not available in electronic form, available at sensible prices (mostly £2.99 or £4.99), so to expect perfection is perhaps unrealistic. I have no particular issue with an error every 4000 words at those prices. It's when there are errors on every page, as with "Skyfall", that I'm moved to write to the publisher to express my displeasure.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote