View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #163
AndyBurns
AndyBurns began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo & Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The higher resolution screen on the Glo makes a difference in terms of clarity. It seems like there is less ghosting and I could go more than 6 pages before a refresh if that were an option.

I turned the black bar off--and chose clear instead. There is a narrow shadow at the bottom of the screen, but it does not bother me.
I popped into WHSmiths to have a look at the Glo tonight (not really expecting to upgrade from the touch, unless it really impressed me).

The black bar at the bottom looked ugly to me, can't see the need for it to be there, the thing that did seem annoying was ghosting of the brightness slider/book title/progress on the black bar, it seemed very reluctant to do a full refresh of the bottom bar (I know you can turn it to clear instead of black).

The text seemed a little spidery compared to what I'm used to, I tried to adjust them in the advanced settings and got them a bit better.

All in all, for a 5 minute quick look it didn't really grab me, and (as expected) I walked out without being tempted.

Just trying a manual load of 2.1.4 onto my 2.1.1 KT now ..
AndyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote