View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I actually like the look of the Nook Simple Touch - well, it's a little too square in appearance, but it has page turn buttons on the sides! and the concave back seems useful when holding it without a cover - but as it is, it would be pretty pointless for me to buy one.

Well, I guess I could get a memory card (once the measly 250 MB allowed for non-B&N content isn't enough) and just sideload everything, as I de-DRM and convert everything I buy anyway. If the Nook keeps the side page turn buttons and the Kindle doesn't put them back for the future touch models, I might just look into the local online shop that imports & sells Nooks in addition to other major brand readers.

I'm quite curious about Amazon's response to this, now, anyway. I would guess that if they already have something in the works, they might want to announce it sooner rather than later, preferably at least getting the announcement out before the Nook starts selling.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote