View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Turning off WiFi inside a Book on the Paperwhite (Yeah I already knew the answer)

I just had to get this outta my system so I asked Amazon Support. (Mind you I sent an email asking this same question yesterday and some nimrod gave me a pat response on how to turn WiFi off in general)

I feel for all the Kindle Touch users that have wanted this feature for a loooong time.

You are now connected to Annson from Amazon.com.

Me:Is there a short cut to turning off WiFi when reading a book on my new Kindle Paperwhite?

Annson:Hello, my name is Annson. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:Hi

Annson:I understand that you want to know if there's a short cut to turning off Wifi while reading a book on Paperwhite.
Let me check that for you.

Me:Yessir

Annson:May I have the name on your account?

Me:<insert name here>

Annson:Thank you. Your email address is <insert email here>, correct?

Me:yes

Annson:Thanks. Unfortunately, there's no option to turn off Wifi while reading a book on your Kindle and you will need to turn it off manually from the Menu. We'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. I'll be sure to pass your message along to the appropriate department as we continue to improve the Kindle experience for our customers.

Me:That's too bad. I've also got a Kindle Keyboard that can do that function which I use all the time. Please do pass that on for hopefully a software upgrade down the road.

Annson:I understand. That's actually a good suggestion. I'll let the Kindle team know about this feature.

Me:At least you understood my question. I submitted this via an email yesterday and all I got back was an obviously programmed response of how to turn WiFi off via the menu.

Annson:I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Customer feedback like yours is always important to us.

Me:Thank you and 'bye. Have a nice day.

Annson:You're welcome. Thanks. You too!
Thanks for visiting Kindle support. We hope to see you again.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote