View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #49
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
I blame the politics, normally they're always the culprit

But seriously, publishers and other line of works really need to learn to change as the times change.

They should take more new and original works and not the Twilight clone number 23, well I think there's even more than that.
And, as they start to e-publish, they need to learn that people wont pay the same or more than a paperback too, or at least I won't, that's just like being robbed.

For me the Indie authors are the ones doing the right things here, they bring us new, original and mind-blowing novels, they normally price them accordingly and still make lots of sales, maybe even more that they could if publishing paper books.

I browse much more on amazon than I did on a normal store, maybe I even already surpassed the total time wasted on bookstores. but e-publishing needs to evolve in some ways too, for example what's the point of region locking? Interned is global, everyone has access and they're just losing sales and money that could be on their pockets. That I know of it isn't there any additional charges to be available on all regions, but I could be wrong.

As for the teachers part I agree a bit, I started to develop my love for reading with Goosebumps when I was 8 or 9 (BTW I would totally buy all the ebooks versions if they all existed), until the end of 4th grade teachers never recommended to read nothing besides a text or two on a textbook and then after that, until the end of the 12th grade all they required us to read was classic literature from Portugal. I don't care if they were great writers, I didn't like the genres, the books bored me to death, if I hadn't read books that I loved before I would hate books altogether because of that. They really should encourage reading, not require and the student gets to choose the book, if they really want to know and read the classics like for example Hamlet they will because they're interested in it if not they read a Harry Potter or something else and they will still learn from that, they probably will start to read even more.

P.S.: Sorry for the big post, I have a tendency to write long things
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote