View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #48
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I think they would have been selling a lot more Nook tablets if they hadn't went with the proprietary store. [...] It's chasing that Apple iTunes money that always gets companies. They all want that all-rolled-into-one marketplace.
I can get behind that. I currently buy EPUBs at Kobo, BooksOnBoard, Smashwords, Baen, and Robot Trading Company. The main reason B&N isn't on that list is their speshul Nook DRM.

On the same subject, I wish I didn't have to involve my PC in the transfer when buying Adobe DRM'd EPUBs at BooksOnBoard or other non-Kobo sites. I mean, my device will read the protected book (I use the same Adobe ID for just that reason), so why can't I download it directly instead of having to use my PC to handle the .acsm passthrough?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote