Thread: eips 5.1.0
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Anyway, I dreamed all night about using eips from a WAF to change dinamically what's written in the so called status bar (or title bar).
It's a shame WAFs no longer have access to these commands...
It's definitely possible, as the web browser is doing it as well. WAF can send lipc commands (though "how" is something you'll have to figure out by yourself ).

Here's an example from the command-line:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow configureChrome '{"appId":"com.lab126.booklet.home","titleBar":{"clientParams":{"secondary":"Hello silver18","useDefaultPrimary":false}}}'
This changes the title of the home screen (if it's currently shown). Substitute by your own app id, or just remove the entire appId key/value pair to set the title for whichever app is currently shown.

Turning debugOn.sh and then looking at the logs also shows some other interesting stuff, like how the search bar can be changed etc. Here's a raw dump of what appears in my log after opening a book.

Code:
{"appId":"com.lab126.booklet.reader","searchBar":{"clientParams":{"searchProviders":[{"launcher":"","label":"Dieses Buch","sendTextOnType":false,"id":"com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader.plugin.search.SearchPlugin"}],"profile":{"name":"default","buttons":[{"handling":"system","id":"store"}]}}},"titleBar":{"clientParams":{"secondary":"My Book","useDefaultPrimary":false}}}
And no, I didn't find a way to completely hide the title bar, otherwise I would have told you The reader app shows that it's possible, but this may indeed be functionality that is not accessible from lipc and/or WAF.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote