View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #49
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcar08 View Post
Thanks, Bob - I will try that. I have kindlefix on my laptop (I couldn't get it working on my desktop) so will try when I get home.

I have to say thanks to this forum I was able to get kindlefix working. I'm hopeful things will work out and I can read my books again.
It may not work, and it sounds like Mobipocket/Amazon has closed this little loophole. Heck, its not hard to find people are doing it if you do a little google search.

That said, there are two other options.

1. Use mobidedrm instead to remove the DRM of your PC's PID.

2. Buy from a place like BoB that also uses overdrive servers which I believe still accept/work with the Kindle PIDs.

Good luck... please report back.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote