View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #46
kcar08
kcar08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ebookwise
I am having a problem with Fictionwise. I used to have my PID for my kindle in my list of mobipocket devices. I could download books, run kindlefix.py, and read them fine on my kindle. Then, one day, my kindle PID was deleted (with no action on my part). Now, when I try to re-enter it, it will not save.

I asked fictionwise support, and they say that my PID is not valid because of the asterisk. I understand that kindle PIDs have the asterisk, but desktop ones do not.

I guess I am just frustrated because this USED to work, but now it does not. And Fictionwise will not help me because they say the PID is invalid.

I tried putting in my laptop PID, and then kindlefix won't work (because the PID does not have an asterisk).

I have purchased multiformat books from fictionwise which work fine, but the problem is that many of the books I want are not in multiformat. I have a bunch of credit at fictionwise that I want to use rather than go buy books at other retailers who will let me use my kindle PID.

What are my options, if any, for books from fictionwise?
kcar08 is offline   Reply With Quote