View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
The 302 looks, interesting. The screen is super shiny though.
Yeah, all of the passive (finger type) touch displays all have a shiny display. I guess it has something to do with the requirements of the given technology. The PRS-600 is almost a mirror when the light hits it in just the right fashion.

I have a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet which also has a very glossy display and uses, what I assume is the same type of touch interface...but I can put a matte finish protector over it and actually improve the touch response and eliminate those horrid reflections. This is given that the eink-type displays do not actively emitt light, adding a matte finish will likely really affect the display...

Dang...I just checked and my local Staples is out of stock on the PRS600 so it's a 40mi round trip to see one up close. Must be patient...much prefer feature set on Pocketbook 302 or iRex DR800...must be patient...give it time...hehehehe...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote