Thread: Silliness Do you like chocolate?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
That'll be the stuff that has my colleagues rolling my eyes as I call it chocolate-flavoured confectionary, cos it certainly isn't chocolate!

That said, there are some good British choclatiers around (whose wares turn up in a box I get on a monthly basis).

(My name's Am, and I'm a chocolate snob :sheepish: )
One of my favorite jobs was working for candy company in California.....See's Candy.

Very high quality chocolates. Also expensive. Today, its going for almost $15 lb. When i worked there, it was at $6.75 (1989)

We all wore white dresses with black bows. We had company reps that would come at un-announced times. All back stock of candy had 'pull' dates, and if you were caught with any past that date, it was a most serious mark against you. They prided themselves on selling only the freshest, most tasty candy.

Its also where I met my husband. "Free candy sample, sir?" (I HAD to, it was store policy!!!)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote