View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #243
kaswistry
kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
No. But you put TWO update files on the device. The first one gets installed, while the second one just sits there until the device reboots. And guess what: the device will try to install the second one on startup, and fails with error 3 because it's not a recovery image.

The solution is as simple as installing the updates one by one.
Oh God, I assumed that the instructions said you install them both at the same time (since they appeared in one step together!). I'm trying to install it correctly now. Let this be a lesson for other newbies out there. They're not supposed to be together! LOL

Update:

It now works. Sweet. Now for me to try Adtoggle and see how comfortable I am without the ads around. If it looks better that they're not there, then I'd be willing to shell out the $20

Last edited by kaswistry; 01-31-2013 at 08:06 AM.
kaswistry is offline   Reply With Quote