View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Do you think 5-6 seconds are too long?Time your office program, for example.
OK excel - about 2 second. word 1 second. google chrome - well I'm using it to type this but I doubt that it's longer than 2 secs.

is 6 seconds too long ? - not at all but then 195 books is not a lot of books.!

I am concerned that if I dump in a collection of 3000+ sci fi that I found recently then I'd be looking at 5-6 MINUTES for start-up, which would be annoying.

My windows media player has a library of 10,000+ items yet it still loads very fast, much faster than my calibre library of 195 items!

hence the thought of having calibre start up in the background ,as a low priority task, at boot up where the slowness may go un-noticed.

I have already implemented the idea of excluding the library directory from AV scans but with AVG free the real time checks may run anyway - there is little user control.

Last edited by cybmole; 10-04-2010 at 11:15 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote