Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #93
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
If that is the case, how to you load your library? Also, once you load a earlier firmware eg factory reset, you need the desktop to finish the setup process.
Actually you don't need the desktop to finish the setup if you downgrade. I did it with no problem and no need for the desktop program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
so that rules out using wifi to load your library.
In this case, yes it does. The Kobo Desktop will indeed force you to upgrade your firmware. In my case I sideload ALL my books anyway so the only time I use the Kobo Desktop is to upgrade my firmware. I don't even use it to buy or read books on my desktop. Perhaps if they ever add any of the features to the desktop that I mentioned in another thread I might use it...

I'm just grateful that I am able to downgrade. It's a shame companies don't really listen to the people using their products. Instead of taking things away, or moving them to different areas making them more inaccessbile, how about just adding in some options to the damn settings.

Display time on center tap [ ] yes [ ] no.
Display Bottom Carousel on Home Screen [ ] yes [ ] no
Discover New books [ ] yes [ ] no

Those are just some examples that would please most of the people. Companies seem to make changes by choosing to piss off the least amount of people rather that how they can implement changes that will please just about all of the people... I digress, the more I think about this the more it ....
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote