Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #44
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
You're right, it's not. The Fire has a far superior screen (IPS), and vastly better processor.

And, before they pulled it, they'd bumped the price of the A1 to 230, not 199. So it'll be interesting to see what happens if they do make it available again.

I'm not being a fanboi, here. IF you could get a tablet at 199 that combined the Fire's processing power, screen, and access to media with gps, cam, sd slot et al...I'd be all over it. You just simply are not going to see it any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Me too! I don't particularly need GPS and a camera, although they would be nice. But if Amazon included an SD card slot in the Fire, I'd probably be buying it. To me, that's a must-have. I'm not sold on cloud storage.

Both the Fire and Lenovo A1 do not have everything I want, but for the price I cannot expect that they would. I may ultimately choose one of those, but I may just wait a while. Tablets are evolving quickly, and I expect prices will be coming down on many currently higher-priced models soon. There are also some interesting new tablets that will be released shortly, so I'll be watching for those reviews. The Galaxy Tab 7.7" has outstanding specs, and I may be willing to pay more for that; we'll see how it's priced.
If you look over under "News" at the Lenovo thread, you will see that the latest prices are $249 for a 16GB Lenovo A1. That has always been the plan for the USA market. That is $20 more than the 2GB Lenovo A1's price of $229.

Then you add to it memory card, capability, and USB2 OTG, you have as much memory as you want without cloud connection, without WiFi.

The Lenovo A1 solves the real problem of the Amazon Fire. Memory.
And yes, the Amazon Fire CPU is superior and is that way I believe for video streaming.

Choose wisely.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote