View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #98
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It appears that in some cases, the tag browser eats memory. I was never able to reproduce it, but Kovid got close. The latest release (0.8.7) radically changes how the tag browser works initializes, eliminating (as far as we can tell) the problem.

If you run with the tag browser open, then try the new release. It might help.
Well that surprised me, because 0.8.7 partly (but only partly) solved it.

The memory leak was reduced about 75%.
The metadata update went about 30-40% faster (but still at least 15x slower than Extract ISBN's).

It never occurred to me to run without the tag browser. I'll try that next. (Though I don't see why that should affect this and not Extract ISBN).

After that, I'll have counted most all my libraries, so unless you should happen to want me to test something, I'll probably forget about the issue

Many thanks!
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote