View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #35
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
When I tried to use the plug-in with a library with an 'å' in the folder-name I got the following error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: unexpected end of data

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 165, in open_with
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 182, in launch_app
File "subprocess.py", line 672, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 841, in _execute_child
File "subprocess.py", line 608, in list2cmdline
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: unexpected end of data

I thought I'd used the plugin with this library before, and couldn't understand why it stopped working a few days ago, but I've probably just opened the books up directly in sigil. And then I thought it was okay again, but that must have been because I'd switch to the other library, the one that doesn't have any strange letters in the name...

Not exactly a big problem, reading the error-message instead of just hoping it would go away made me think of the 'å' in the name, and removing the offending letter made the plugin work. I use english in my installation of calibre, but for some reason I used norwegian when naming the library.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote