View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've probably picked up a review for every 150 books or so I've given away, not including this last run. I've always seen sales pick up in the week after a giveaway. Enough to give the store page some activity so it doesn't look like a ghost town (interlinked people who buy this book also buy...). But I also haven't done them very frequently.

Kittenhood: Orientation is the first in a series, but it'll be a while before I write the rest. I've been mostly experimenting the effectiveness of giveaways looking forward to the time when I have a stable of kittenhoods to point to each other.

In regards to this particular experiment, I did see a petering off effect. More than 300 given away on day one, less than a hundred on day two, I canceled during day three when I was on track to give away less than 50. Both of my highest yielding giveaways have been on Sundays, FWIW. That lesson alone is worth something to me.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote