View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
A few quick questions

I am almost done my first book formatting project; it is a book which has a new translation out which is costly and full of errors in the Kindle version, so I downloaded the older translation (which is public domain, published in 1850) and am formatting it to read on my Kobo. I have a few quick questions:

1) Do you generally transcribe and include the copyright page? It's very long and has a bunch of stuff on it about being transcribed into the register by clerk Suchly Suchly on Suchly date and goes on for a bit. So far I have it in there but I am not sure it needs to stay.

2) Where/how do I put the information that I obtained this book from the Internet Archive and have cleaned it up and checked it against the PDF scan> Is that for the book description in the post where I uploaded it, or should I include it in the book itself?

3) I want to share the book as widely as possible since I went to all this trouble for it Obviously I plan to share it here. Would it be worth setting up a Smashwords account and uploading it there too as a free download? I heard you can upload ebooks directly there...

4) The author was very fond of exclamation points and at times, his formatting regarding them is inconsistent. For example, he often puts them mid-sentence and then does not capitalize whatever follows. Should I leave his lower case letters as is, or should I capitalize them so people don't think the book has errors?

Thanks for any advice. I will be done with the book this week and would love to share it.

Last edited by ficbot; 04-09-2013 at 11:54 AM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote