View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Sites like Longform.org in other languages?

I am trying to read more in French, and would like to brush up on my Spanish too. I find the built-in translation features of my Kindle very helpful but have to admit, the few novels I have downloaded have been a little daunting. It just feels like it will take forever to get through them, and they overwhelm me. I also am finding the sourcing of content to be difficult. Other than French and Spanish editions of Harry Potter (which I have read already in English) and of classical novels (which can stylistically be difficult and which, again, I have already in many cases read in English) there just isn't much out there.

What I would love is something like Longform.org or Readability where I can get magazine articles on interesting contemporary subjects and click a button to mail them to my Kindle. I can read them there and avail myself of the dictionary features...

So, are there sites like this not in English? Any suggestions for where to get this sort of content in French and Spanish?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote